Great Development of Forging Industry & Forging Machine2019-09-30 17:18:06
When it comes to the forging industry, the key point in the past is to forge iron. People often remember open die forging as the main concept of forging. By the 1980s, especially in the 1990s, people in China had a further understanding of forging. Closed die forging is the true connotation of forging. For this reason, discussions and investments have been carried out around die forging in recent years. Over the past decade, what new developments have taken place in the forging industry, a small and important industry? It is not difficult to find that the conventional forging machine has no difference in form and principle, but it has made considerable progress.
Development of Main Forging Machine
The main forging machine are forging hammer, electric screw press, hydraulic press, and mechanical press. Following are detailed introduce of these four main forging machine.
Progress of Forging Hammer
Forging hammer has been developed from gravity drop hammer, steam hammer, liquid-gas hammer, electro-hydraulic hammer to full hydraulic forging hammer. The main advances of this machine are controllable energy, smooth strike, accurate guidance and flexible use.
At present, forging automation has been more and more popular all over the world. In an automatic forging production line, there are always closed die CNC forging hammer, electric screw press ore hydraulic press paired with forging robot, and other forging assistant machine.
Anyang CNC forging hammer in Vietnam
Progress of Electric Screw Press
Electric screw press has developed from manual screw hammer and double disc friction press to clutch screw press and direct drive screw press. Now, the electric screw press produced by Anyang Forging and Pressing has received more and more users'favorite and choice. This new type of press is characterized by high energy and controllable force and energy. Anyang electric screw press has the following advantages:
- The servo drive system driven by AC frequency conversion direct torque control technology and the frequency converter of ABB Company have advanced technology and high maturity.
- The impact energy can be set accurately and the forming precision is high. It is suitable for precision forging of various non-ferrous metals.
- Programmed forging can be carried out to facilitate automatic control of products.
- There is no fixed dead point, and there is no need to adjust the height of abrasive tools, and there is no stuffy car phenomenon.
- Because of the accurate control of the strike energy, the service life of the die is greatly improved.
- The main engine has simple structure, convenient operation and easy maintenance.
- The movement part has low noise and vibration, can meet the requirements of environmental protection, and the basic cost is low.
- The stroke is relatively short, the energy output is stable and the repetition accuracy is high.
Anyang Electric Screw Press Paired with Robot in Russia
Progress of Hydraulic Press
Hydraulic press was used in forging industry earlier, but people have not reached a new level of understanding of hydraulic press. The general concept is that the hydraulic press is slow, just like the old scalper cart, slow and leisurely. It does not satisfy the need of "strike while hot" forging. But with the development of hydraulic system and control technology, hydraulic press has been more and more adapted to the needs of forging production. At present, the most widely used is the precise finishing of forgings for extrusion and billet making.
Blacksmith Hydraulic Press
Blacksmith forging is very popular in many western countries. In addition to small power hammers, small hydraulic presses for blacksmiths are also very popular. It’s also a kind of hydraulic press, blacksmith hydraulic press can be used for blanking, upsetting, drawing, etc. It is very suitable for blacksmith to make knife, and other small metal forgings.
Anyang Americal and Australian dealers show blacksmith forging press
Open Die Hydraulic Press for Huge Workpiece
For huge forgings, the open die hydraulic press is often the first choice. Anyang open die hydraulic press has the following advantages:
- The control system of forging hydraulic press adopts man-machine interface input display, PLC control, and has multi-function and multi-direction real-time monitoring function. It can realize 1 + 1 linkage of press and manipulator. With manual adjustment, manual operation and semi-automatic operation selection button, it can realize the action needed by empty stroke, working stroke, return stroke and ejection press. It is convenient and safe to operate and has high production efficiency. Simple operation, light weight and low labor intensity. By manipulating the rocker switch, it is convenient to realize the actions required by downward, upward, forging, holding pressure, ejection and other forging processes.
- Hydraulic system adopts two-way cartridge valve integrated control system, oil in and out adopts two-stage control mode, main cylinder and system pipeline unloading adopts high-speed unloading combined with three-stage hydraulic and electrical (time is only 0.3s), so that the hydraulic machine can operate quickly, smoothly and without vibration.
- The quick change anvil device adopts T-groove hanging mode, which can replace different upper anvil blocks.
- The hydraulic replenishment system of the free forging hydraulic press adopts the zero pressure replenishment mode in the large replenishment tank and the built-in tank of the large filling valve, which has the advantages of quick and full replenishment, safety and no leakage.
- The guide length of moving beam and cylinder of this machine is long. The plunger and slider are connected by ball head. It has the advantages of strong anti-eccentric load and protecting the machine.
- The machine is controlled by position and pressure.
- All the control valves are placed on the fuel tank. The maintenance position is low. It has the characteristics of convenient maintenance and safety.
- The connection of the main plunger and the movable cross beam, the lifting plunger and the lifting beam all adopt the ball head connection, which effectively solves the phenomenon of load deviation.
- Installed with oil temperature, liquid level, cooling detection and alarm device and pressure detection device of hydraulic system, to detect and protect the machine in many ways.
- Anyang Forging Hydraulic Press has high safety factor, high strength and long service life.
Anyang 3150 ton hydraulic press paired with manipulator in Romania
Progress of Mechanical Press
Mechanical press should be developed in the 1970s and 1980s. It is also the product of mass production of forgings. The automatic production line of the press is the idea of the Russians, and the German practice of Chinese experimentation. The world's first fully automatic forging production line is installed in Dongfeng Motor Corporation Forge Plant in China. In recent years, there has been no complete solution to the problems of press forging, but it has been found that the elongation of press forging frame has a certain controllability. Generally speaking, the press should extend 1 mm per 10 MN when it is working. Without this elongation, it is impossible for the press to forge.
The four general forging machine mentioned above have resulted in many special forging machine, such as roll forging machine, cross wedge rolling machine, rotary forging machine and upsetting forging machine. In any case, forging machinery is mainly driven by electricity, liquid, gas and machinery. Provide force and energy for part deformation. The main objective of all forging machine development is to provide force and energy accurately, efficiently and timely, and to ensure the accuracy and stability of movement.
Progress of Forging Die
The progress of forging production is also reflected in the progress of die manufacturing. Generally speaking, the average manufacturing time of a set of dies in the past is about 4-5 times that of the current advanced level. The current progress mainly adopts advanced technology such as computer and high-speed processing equipment, which greatly shortens the manufacturing cycle of dies. The resulting concept of forging die manufacturing is also changing, improving the life of forging dies and shortening the time of making dies. Equally important, and try to use inlay die forging.
Undoubtedly, the main manifestations of forging technology and technological progress are material saving, energy saving and increasing production, internal and external forging quality. The main performance of forging enterprises'progress is the improvement of economic benefits. In terms of technology, the core change is the progress of die. The core of die progress is the pre-forging die. In other words, the key of forging technology is the pre-forging process design technology and the shape design of preform.
At present, die development and manufacturing technology has become the key to the technical success of a die forging enterprise.
Hot Punching Process with Special Die for Valve Forging